I’m Tom Marshall, a UK-based coder specialising in Microsoft technologies.
Outside of work, I’m a general geek, with interests in computers, cinema, engineering, information security and privacy.
Anything posted on this website is my opinion, and does not represent the opinions of my employer and should not be taken as representative of my employers policies, or their official position.
Comment and Trackback Policy
Now, I hate spam as much as the next person. As well as the automatic spam checks built into this site, I also actively check every comment and trackback which the automated checks haven’t rejected.
Comments must be:
- Relevant to the post, comments which just provide a link-back to an unrelated site will be deleted.
- Be marked with your name (first name only is fine) and a valid email address (which is never published). Obviously faked email addresses will be considered spam.
- Comments must be written in “proper” language. A comment which looks like the following is very likely to be deleted.
jus wna say dat slamme iz da best ride eva.. sat on it bout 2 timez nw… goin in june again!!! evry1 needs 2 sit on diz ride.. trust!! peace out
- Proper English spelling and punctation is a good thing.
- Smilies are available, and should be automatically converted from common forms – if your comment hasn’t been, I’ll do this manually.
- You are not writing a text message. You are not limited to 160 characters. Feel free to write words like you, are and later without resorting to text speak
- No arguments will be entered into – if you’re just commenting to get a linkback, don’t bother.
- No swearing.
- No unnecessary punctuation (for example, twenty exclamation marks at the end of sentence will get your comment deleted).
Trackbacks must be:
- Real. The trackback will be automatically rejected or deleted where the originating page does not contain a link to this site.
- Relevant to the post.
This website respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. This website may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the access of commentors who may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, in the case of multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit me to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit me to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly in-fringed.
Note, on the subject of copyright, everything which appears on this website, is the copyright of Tom Marshall unless otherwise stated, and reproduction in whole or part is strictly prohibited without permission.